Monday, August 15, 2011

This Week's Uncovered Treasures

I went garage sale shopping on a few different days this week.  Mostly Thursday and Friday.  I'm not sure why most of the sales in our area start during the week, but it seems that you have to be able to go out on Thurdsay and Friday to get the best deals around here.  Here's my haul from Thursday...

 Most of the things I bought are for reselling on ebay.  The sexy referee costume is my size, so I'm waiting to see if we have a Halloween party to go to this year before I list it.  Hopefully we'll figure that out sooner than later.  The Barbie fishing pole and tackle box is for my daughter, and has already made for a fun day at Grandpa's pond. :)


I got this Leap Frog Word Whammer set with two sets of letters, and the expansion pack of lowercase letters for $10.  I was pleasantly surprised when I got home to find two FULL sets of letters (plus some extras). I also noticed after I got home that the expansion pack is unopened. It's new in box.  SWEET!


I'm thinking I'll sell it all as one lot.  They seem to sell better that way.


The Polly Pocket set was $2, and has a lot of nice accessories.  I think I'm swearing off Polly's for now unless I find the boys.  I'm still sweatin' that big Polly purchase from last week.  I bought this one to try to sweeten the deal for my Polly listings when I put them up.  The Tickle Me Cookie Monster was a risk, but a small one.  He's in near perfect condition, and was only 25 cents.  I found a Tickle Me Elmo Surprise to list with him while I was thirfting on Saturday.  That one was 30 cents.


This is a 5" Barney figure that I hope to sell in a lot if I can find some more.  I can't believe people buy these.  He was 25 cents.  The little Blues Clues house was 50 cents. I'm saving this one for a lot too.


These puzzles are for my son.  He LOVES this kind of stuff, and he has a birthday coming up in October.  There are 4 unopened puzzles, and I got them for 50 cents each.


I bought these Little Tikes waffle blocks with my kids in mind.  There are 90 pieces, and I bought the whole set for $5.  My kids have already had hours of fun with these block, so I don't think we'll be selling them anytime soon.

Now for Friday's finds...


I'm really excited about these size large maternity jeans.  They are in perfect condition, and were only $1 each.  I'm selling them as a lot, and hope that they'll bring a nice profit.  I know I would have been interested in these when I was pregnant!


I found some more play food to add to my growing collection.  I'll be putting together my first play food lot listing this week!


This Playmobil Nativity set was only $1.  The box is pretty beat up, but it has all of the figures and most of the small parts.  I'll hang on to this for a couple months until we get closer to Christmas.  I think it should sell pretty nicely.  I also found some Disney little golden books for 25 cents each, and a bag of disney princess figures for 25 cents.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the princess figures, but they were so cheap.  They would make really nice cake toppers for a princess cake!

That was my week of treasure hunting.  I'm linking up with Yard Sale Mommy, so make sure you head over there to see other uncovered treasures!

1 comment:

  1. Loved looking through all your great finds!! Good for you!! I hope you make a mint:) Tonya from http://seashoreslagenweits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete