Monday, August 1, 2011

This Week's Uncovered Treasures

Here we go! I've been shopping at yard sales for years, but this week is a first for me for two reasons: 1. For the first time ever, I am publicly sharing my yard sale finds. I've wanted to do this so many times in the past because I'm always so excited about the deals I find. The problem was that it just didn't feel right to post it on our family blog. I don't think most of my readers (family, friends, and adoption buddies) share my enthusiasm for yard sale treasures, and they would probably find the whole thing a little boring and perhaps a little odd. I am so excited to finally have a place to share my finds. 2. Another first this week is that I bought a few things to resell on ebay. A big thanks to Yard Sale Mommy for the inspiration! I have a lot to learn when it comes to knowing what to buy. I did make a few mistakes, but also found some things that should sell well enough to offset those mistakes.

Here's my haul:



I am most excited about the My Little Pony Crystal Castle. It's in great shape and comes with the magic wand that opens the castle. I only wish it came with more accessories. I got a few small ponies with it, and only one piece of furniture. I'll be on the lookout for more ponies and furniture to add to it before I list it on ebay. I would especially like to find a couple ponies with magnetic feet so that the magnet feature on the main floor will work, but that doesn't seem to effect the sale of this item too much. I bought this item for $7, and hope to sell it for around $50.



The plush Care Bears were .50 each. Not sure if they'll sell or not, but it's worth a shot. They seem to sell on ebay sometimes.


The plush Wonder Pets Ming Ming was also .50. It's in great shape, and I'm hoping to sell it for about $8. I might hold on to this one for a while and see if I can find some friends to sell with him.



I took a gamble on the Wiggles microphone. I paid $1. It is in good working condition, and came with 3 plush Wiggles characters that are like new. I haven't decided whether I'll make this two separate listings, or list it as a lot.

The Thomas Coal Loader set was $5. It has all the pieces and looks like it wasn't played with. It even has the instructions. I think I'll list this closer to Christmas.

The bag of play food was $1. I passed up some other bags of toy dishes and utensils that were also priced at a dollar, and now I wish I would have bought them too. I didn't realize how much a huge lot of play food and dishes actually sells for. I'll hold onto this bag until I collect some more dishes, and next time I won't pass up a good deal on it.

Another mistake was the LeapFrog alphabet toy. I bought it for only $1 and it is in really good shape, but they don't seem to sell very well on ebay. I think this will go into my kids' toy box for a while, and maybe we'll try our luck with a consignment sale in the future.

This Fisher Price booster seat is in good condition, and came in the box with all the parts. It was priced at $2. I was so excited about this because I needed to replace our old booster. Our old booster is missing the straps which secure it to the chair and hold the little person safely inside. Our little guy is still small enough that the safety straps are a necessity. Since we just upgraded our dining table to one that will fit our whole family of 5, I was anxious to get our little guy out of the high chair. Now the high chair goes into my Craigslist pile. :)

The shoes in the picture are for my daughter. They are like new and only cost me $2! She wore them to church yesterday, and they look so cute on her dark skin. We'll keep these nice for church only and resell them later.

I found a bunch of other things that didn't make it into my pictures because my kids ran off with them. My son found a new in box Indiana Jones play set for .50 that he absolutely loves. He also got a Disney Dinosaur DVD for .50. My daughter got a shirt, leggings, and tights for .50-$1 each, which are already being washed. She also got Strawberry Shortcake DVD for $1 which has been watched too many times already. And of course, there are the little trinket toys that we got for free-.25 each. Gotta love the cheap/free stuff that keep kids happy while yard sale shopping! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the booster! I've had that on my list for awhile now. Great price and great condition!!

    ReplyDelete