Monday, August 1, 2011

Maybe ebay?

I have been a long time follower of Money Saving Mom (MSM). MSM is a blog devoted to helping people save money and use it wisely.  This blog helped me get started when I decided to start couponing.  I am not one of those crazy people you see on TV, but I do know a thing or two about smart shopping.  I rarely make a trip to the grocery store without my list and envelope full of coupons. Anyway, while visiting MSM recently, I stumbled across a link to another blog, Yard Sale Mommy.  I began reading her posts and became totally intrigued and inspired.  Yard Sale Mommy is an avid yard sale enthusiast, kind of like myself.  She buys items (mostly toys) from yard sales, and turns around and sells them on ebay for some pretty nice profit.  My eyes were opened. Why am I not doing this?  I LOVE yard sales, and I already go to them as often as I can.  I even see a lot of the things Yard Sale Mommy is successfully selling on a regular basis. I immediately started researching what sells on ebay, and have made quite a few mental notes on what to look for.  I am so excited to get started!  I'm going to start by listing some things I already have around the house. This will give me some good practice and experience before I start investing too much money in other people's "junk". 

Up to this point the purpose of my yard sale adventures has been mostly finding clothes for my kids.  My two oldest kids are both 4 years old, and they're getting into bigger sizes now.  The bigger sizes cost quite a bit more than toddler sizes, so I find yard sale prices to be a much better fit for my budget.  Spring is a busy time for garage sales in our area, and I managed to build complete fall/winter wardrobes for my kids from items found at the sales.  There's nothing like finding brands like Gymboree, Gap, and Children's Place for $1 or less per item!  My kids will look great at school this year, and I didn't have to break the bank! Yay!

I'm looking forward to learning more about selling on ebay, and hitting the yard sales hard!  What a great way to make some extra money...doing something I love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment