Monday, August 29, 2011

Ebay Sales - Week 3

I almost forgot that my auctions were ending last night.  We had been so busy trying to switch around bedrooms in our house.  We decided to let our oldest 2 kids share a room, which is something they've been begging to do ever since they became brother and sister 6 months ago.  I adore how much they love each other.  As we were preparing to bring our daughter home from Ethiopia, money was tight. We didn't want to spend the money to finish our 4th bedroom at that time, so we decided to give her our master bedroom.  My husband and I have been using the unfinished room for the last 6 months.  No biggie, but we are happy to have our master bedroom back now, and the kids are thrilled to be sharing a room.  They LOVE their bunk beds (which we got for FREE). I love free things! :)

Anyway, I'm so happy I remembered my auctions before they ended because it was the most exciting auction end I've had yet!  Remember the huge lot of Polly Pockets I bought at a garage sale for $30, and then was sick over because I didn't think I'd get my money out of them?  My final three Polly listings ended last night, and I'm so thrilled with the results!

Polly Pocket Mall Lot - Winning bid $20.50

Polly Pocket Beach Lot - Winning bid $10.49

Polly Pocket Salon Lot - Winning Bid $6.00

Add those to the Polly Listings I sold last week for a total of about $71.  That's a profit of $41! I'm super happy with that, especially considering I was afraid I wouldn't even cover my own purchase price.  The Polly's are packaged and sitting on my porch this morning, waiting for the mailman to pick them up.  I am so happy to have them out of my house!!!  In a previous post, I said that I was swearing off Polly Pockets.  I'm changing my mind on that, but I will definitely make sure I know what I'm buying next time.  I got lucky with this one.

I sold a few other things this week, and I'm really pretty happy with everything that sold.  Here are my other items:

Exersaucer Switch A Roo - Winning Bid $6.60

Exersaucer Switch A Roo - Winning Bid $4.99

Exersaucer Switch A Roo - Winning Bid $5.24

Toddler Girl Keen Sandals, Size 6 - Winning Bid $9.99

I guess I was hoping that the Keen's would do a little better, but I only paid $1 for them.  I can't complain.

I had 5 other Exersaucer Switch A Roo's listed that didn't sell.  I changed my selling strategy a little bit, and relisted them.  Hopefully they'll sell this week.  I am a little confused about the best way to ship them.  I see that most Switch A Roo listings have a shipping price of $2-$3.  I can't figure out how to ship them for less than $4.95. My first thought was to ship them in a a regular large envelope, but the USPS website says that if an envelope is too bulky, it will be subject to package charges.  If anyone has advice on the best way to ship these, I would love the advice!

Total sales this week: $63.81.  This wasn't as high as my sales from the previous 2 weeks, but this week was almost 100% profit! :)

I'm excited to report that I did manage to get to 1 garage sale, and 1 thrift store over the weekend.  I didn't buy much, but I'll work on getting that post up later today or tomorrow.  I still have some more work to do switching around our bedroom closets. Fun, fun!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for polly pockets! I picked up a lot of them this weekend for $12. I should be able to at least triple that with the dolls and clothes alone! I was pretty bummed though because many of the cars and buildings were missing pieces. I'm not sure what to do with those items now. Any thoughts?

    Amy
    www.coupontipster.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen What is a switch a roo? Do you have a link to your ebay page. I would like to see your listings if you don't mind. Congratulations on the Pollys. Im not sure if I told you this or not but if you come across the polly with magnets they have been recalled but you can send them back to Mattel for a money voucher. I got $36 for sending back 3 sets that I paid only a $1 for

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I found the switch a roo. Im not sure you could ship cheaper. Could you bubble wrap them and mail in a poly mailer first class? I sent out a high chair toy that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice find on the Polly's, Amy! I really think it was the selection of outfits (particularly shoes and accessories) that saved me. As for the buildings, I included the ones that were in fair shape in with my lots. I just tried to make sure that each lot had a general theme, and I noted the condition/missing pieces in my description. I still have a couple beat up buildings, a cruise ship (without accessories), and a BIG jet plane (also without accessories). I'm planning on donating those to a thrift store. I don't think it would be worth the hassle to package, list, and ship them at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, thanks for your advice. I didn't know that about the Polly's with magnets. Do you have to have a full set to get credit from Mattel, or can you just send them what you have? I don't think I would know if I had a full set. I've only had a daughter for 6 months, and girl toys are completely new to me. :)
    You brought up a good point. I think it's important that I get myself more familiarized with toy recalls. I would never want to sell a toy that was unsafe, whether it was intentional or not!
    I'll have to look into mailing the Switch A Roos like you suggested. They definitely could be shipped that way. I'll have to check if it will be cheaper. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete