Monday, August 22, 2011

This Week's Uncovered Treasures

I can definitely tell that the garage sale season is coming to an end here in Michigan, but I did manage to get a few good bargains this week.  As always, I started on Thursday.  Here's what I found on Thursday and Friday:


Maternity Clothes!  I had GREAT luck with a lot of maternity jeans I listed on Ebay last week (details coming soon), so I decided to try to find more to sell. I got 2 capris, 3 jeans, 1 corduroy pant, and 5 long sleeve shirts for $1 each.  They are all decent brands like Liz Lange, Old Navy, and Gap.


The pink sweater from New York & Company is for me, 50 cents. At the same sale, I found a Gap sweatshirt for my oldest son, and a dance leotard for my daughter. Also 50 cents each.  The shoes were $1 each.  The Nike shoes and dress shoes are for my youngest son.  The Keen's are for resale on Ebay.  I found a couple more books for my inventory for 25 cents each.  I also got this Wiggles guitar for $1.  It will make a nice lot with the Wiggles Microphone I got a few weeks ago.  Hopefully they will sell for a nice profit!


I found these little beauties on Friday.  I paid $5 for the farm, and $3 for the Tudor house.  The barn has a nice little selection of farm animals and accessories.  It even came with a black pig, which is apparently rare and more valuable. Looks like I'll be selling that little guy separately. The house didn't come with anything, but I did find some of the furniture that goes with it in another box at the sale. The lady running the sale had a huge Little Tikes dollhouse for sale for $25, which included a box of mismatched dollhouse furniture.  (No Little Tikes dollhouse furniture...DARN!)  I really had to haggle this lady to convince her to sell me the Fisher Price furniture that went with my Tudor house.  She didn't want to separate her dollhouse furniture...even though it didn't go together at all.  I finally convinced her, and left quickly before she changed her mind.


Just some sandals for myself. $1 each.


More books for my inventory. I think these were all 25 cents each.  The Strawberry Shortcake book is from 1983.  I might just list it by itself and see how it does.

These are for me too. I'm a fan of Tupperware, but not a fan of their prices.  I was so excited to find these for 50 cents each, especially the Fridge Smart containers.  I love them because they keep produce fresh for much longer, but I've only had one small one until now.  I'm planning to use the big Modular Mate for storing my homemade pancake mix.

Here's what I found on Saturday:


I picked up an exersaucer for $5.  It was pretty filthy, but had lots of switch a roo toys, and a nice seat cover.  I stripped those things off to sell separately on Ebay.  The seat cover looks really dirty in the picture above, but it cleaned up SOOO nice! I also found these vintage Disney records.  They were only 50 cents each, so I took a chance on them.  Doesn't look like they sell too well. Shoot!


I picked up the Exercise Care Bear, and Doodle Bear for $1 each.  I was going to list the Care Bear, but they don't sell that well.  The good news is that my daughter will LOVE it, so the Care Bear and Doodle Bear will be nice Christmas presents for her.  The Pottery Barn valance is new, and was only $1.  I figured you can't go too wrong buying anything Pottery Barn.  The Columbia jacket was $10, and the lady selling it wouldn't budge on her price.  It doesn't have tags, but it is like new.  It is my son's size, so I bought it with him in mind, but also knowing that I could sell it on Ebay for more than $10.  I haven't decided what to do with it yet.  My son already has a winter jacket for this year, but I really like this one.  I guess I'll let him decide what one he wants, and list the other. :)

That was my week in garage sale adventures. Tons of fun as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment