Thursday, August 18, 2011

My First Week on Ebay

I am very pleasantly surprised with my sales for my first week on Ebay.  I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I did my research and listed some really good items that I had laying around the house.  The research and preparation paid off!

As I mentioned last week, I listed 6 items.  5 out of 6 sold, and all for prices that I am happy with.  Here are the details:

Item #1: Used Textbook - Notes From the Grooming Table.  This was a great book while I was grooming dogs, but I don't have any use for it now.  Sold at my buy it now price of $55.00.

Item #2: Used Electric Breast Pump (sterilized, of course).  I had a bidder ask if I would consider adding a buy it now price to my auction.  I did, and another bidder beat her to it!  Sold at my buy it now price of $45.00.

Item #3: Used Sleep Wrap (similar to a Moby Wrap). Sold in auction for $20.50.

Item #4: Used Fetal doppler (heart monitor for at home use). Sold in auction for $45.00.

Item #5: Used Skecher Twinkle Toes shoes (toddler size). Sold in auction for $6.74.
Unfortunately, the winner of this auction hasn't paid yet, despite my best (and polite) efforts at reminding them.  Looks like I'll have to file my first report and relist. Maybe they'll sell for more?  They are super cute!

Item #6: Used manual breast pump.  Didn't sell.

Those are the results of week 1!  I made a total of $165.50. (I'm not counting the shoes since I haven't received payment).

I got a little braver this week and listed some of the items I've recently purchased at garage sales and thrift stores.  I've had a couple items sell already, so I'm hoping for another successful week!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on your sale. What brand breast pump did you sell? I know the Medela ones can go pretty high. I sold mine last year for around $80

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pump was a Lansinoh pump. It was a great pump, but they don't hold their value as well as the Medela pumps. I was pretty happy getting $45 for it. :)

    ReplyDelete