Saturday, August 6, 2011

Setting Goals

Over the past few weeks I have been reading through countless blogs, trying to soak up as much information as I can about ebay selling.  I've identified a few items around my house that I'm going to list, and also purchased some things at garage sales that I will try to make a profit on.  I even set up an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of all my items, costs, and sales.  Through the advice of Yard Sale Mommy, I also purchased a shipping scale so that I will be able to accurately calculate my shipping costs.


Now it's time to start listing some items, and I'm kind of nervous. I've been having a lot of fun getting prepared, but now it's time to get serious and see if I'll be any good at this.  I really hope I am because it's been so much fun up to this point.

My goal this week is to prepare and list just 5 items.  I'm not sure which items I'll choose yet, but it will probably be some things I already owned.  It will take some of the pressure off me if I don't feel like I'm losing money right away.  I'm sure I'll make many mistakes in the beginning, and I'd rather learn from mistakes that don't put me in the hole. :)

Hopefully next week I'll be able to post a few Ebay success stories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment