Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My First Sale!!!

I'm am so pumped right now! Less than 24 hours after I posted my items, I made my first sale! YAY!

The item that sold was a textbook I had from back in the days when I went to dog grooming school. (Yes, there is a school for that).  I loved grooming dogs, and I was really good at it.  But once my first son came along, my priorities changed along with my line of work.  It's been about 4 years since I groomed my last dog, so I figured now was a good time to pass the book along to someone else.  It's a really great book. Very thorough instructions on how to properly groom each breed. It is probably the best book out there on the subject.

I researched completed listings and knew that there was a good chance that this book would sell. I chose to do a fixed price BIN listing and priced it competitively. Tonight I am $55.00 richer. Yahoo!!!!  That's WAY more than I would have been able to sell it for at a garage sale (I've tried).

My package is all ready to be dropped off at the post office tomorrow.  I had my first experience with printing a shipping label at home, and it was much easier than I thought it would be.  I also tried to arrange an at home pick up, but then found out that USPS won't pick up a single media mail package. Oh well, ya' learn something new everyday.


I have one other item that received a bid tonight, and all 5 remaining items have at least one watcher.  This is so much fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I haven't listed my first item yet. I'm planning to list it today or tomorrow.

    Amy
    www.coupontipster.com

    ReplyDelete